Re: website contender (beta)

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 02:30, E. A. Zen wrote:
> A few small things to mention.  First off, Rodrigo and team put in a
> good chunk of work getting GDB to work with AbiWord and Gnumeric, so, I
> would think that should put the GNOME database somewhere onto the page.

I'm not trying to detract from the excellent work of the GDB team and
hope it's not being construed that way.

The reality is that the GO webpage is the entry point for users.

Users (well, most of them) do not care about GDB.  Period.  They want
their end user applications to Just Work (tm) and they don't care how.
So I don't think we should be pushing GDB in front of them, that's one
way to confuse and intimidate end users.  ("What is this and why do I
have to install it?  Shouldn't Office Software be simple?" etc etc)

I think we should be throwing GDB and the other component applications
in the faces of developers and the more knowledgable community, but
they're a different audience to the one the frontpage needs to be
capturing.

I'm being to be pragmatic.
--
- Charlie