Presets and profiles

Hi everyone,
Daniel G. Taylor and myself have been working on defining a
specification for how we want to handle things like profiles and presets
for transcoding to various devices. The initial usecase is for devices
you do not have attached to your computer, but we love to get feedback
on how we might want to adjust the current specifications to work better
for that usecase too.

There are two documents so far, the first one discussing element level
presets using the GStreamer preset interface:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/PresetDesign

The second is a device level description of the Device in XML:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/DeviceProfile

Both documents will probably see quite some changes still, so please
feel free to give feedback and suggestions.

We do hope that this stuff ends up being used beyond Arista and
Transmageddon once it matures a bit, for instance Sound Juicer could use
the Audio information in here for example.

Christian