Re: [Totem] Browser plugin gstreamer

Hmm you're right, it was about the web browser plugin, while i was thinking about a separate video component.

Does anyone else mean a separate video component, or really a separate web browser plugin? (I don't want to turn the discussion
point, just I'm not sure if not someone else maybe meant the same thing as me.)

2008/9/9 Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 15:20 +0200, Milosz Derezynski wrote:
> I just wanted to add once again that i see a huge benefit in having a
> generic browser plugin.
>
> Having Gtk+ code inside GST or even the plugin being part of GST is
> certainly not the right way,
> but having a reusable video component based on Gtk+ and GST Is IMO the
> right way.
>
> For one of my apps, i copied big parts of the Totem video code in
> order to have a well working
> video widget.
>
> Certainly also it is somehow possible to have a generic video
> component which Totem can also
> reuse, even if with much work.
>
> If it could be agreed upon having this, i would be willing to stop
> current projects of mine and work
> towards separating the video component code.
>
> Thoughts?

What does a web browser plugin have to do with re-using the video
widget?

--
Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is