Re: Common music database?

On 3/13/06, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:

> I'm not saying it should work right out of the box or anyone would need
> to do any active development on some other platform up front, but while
> the library is being designed and written, it should be done in such a
> way that porting is straight forward and simple.

Okay, that I agree with, once someone needs it, they can port it and
it will be simple to port. I was worried you were wanting to make it
compilable on Windows/OSX with no effort required from the get-go,
which I think is a waste of developers resources (especially now where
none of our rad programs even use it (as "it" is still a nebulous
concept up for discussion))

Don't worry, I'll keep quiet now.

iain