Re: Cd Burning (XML File format)

John McCutchan wrote:
My thoughts were that the bonobo interface would translate the xml
into whatever format the backend is using. We shouldn't model our
data structure around a specific backend.

Just to add to the file format, we should add a type of iso to
the track type, so that we can support just burning an iso as one of
the tracks on the cd. Also it might be usefull to keep some options
of the cd compilations like dao/tao, etc.. in the file, so that
it is a more self contained, for example you could setup a complicated
compilation and then send it to your friend where all they would have
to do is right click on it in nautilus and select burn.

I also like the idea of using xml for the file format. I just pointed that then you are tied to the gnome burning tools.

This can be solved making a simple command line program that supports reading this xml and then use the bonobo object or the shared lib to do the work.

So basically the GUI builds the compilation, writes an xml file and passes it as a parameter to "gnome-burn".

Write a .toc or .cue from the xml will be an added feature.

There is still the problem of reading .toc and .cue file formats.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero eresmas net

TCPA y Palladium: http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1398