Re: Audio API

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 10:34, Guenter Bartsch wrote:

> to me mas sounds like a pretty complicated architecture but on the other
> hand it seems to be "the right thing todo" (tm) - i'd be very happy if
> gnome settled for mas.

Again I wouldn't.
Why?
I don't want to run a sound server. I have no need of one.
With using GStreamer/CSL/PA we don't need to specify one sound server
that suddenly goes unmaintained or piss off the people who want to have
low latency audio shared with other applications, because they can't use
JACK and GNOME apps and have to use MAS which doesn't do anything they
want.

In audio there are too many situations for one sound server to satisfy
everyone.

iain