Re: Audio API

hi jeff,

> > If anything my vote would go for either gstreamer, or one of the generic
> > audio output libraries (either PortAudio or csl)
>
> GStreamer is not a sound server! We'd still be using esd for the sound
> server, though we may very well use GStreamer as the API (or the basis of
> it).
>
> (MAS has been the project pointed to by GStreamer and X as the future of
> sound servers integrated with X, etc.)

to me mas sounds like a pretty complicated architecture but on the other
hand it seems to be "the right thing todo" (tm) - i'd be very happy if
gnome settled for mas.

cheers,

   guenter

--
Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where, it
cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.