Re: [gnome-love] Guidance for a newbie?

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 16:38, Alan Horkan wrote:

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Elijah P Newren wrote:

Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:12:02 -0600 (MDT)
From: Elijah P Newren <newren math utah edu>
To: gnome-love gnome org
Subject: [gnome-love] Guidance for a newbie?

Hi,

I've recently decided to spend some spare time and donate back to
Free/Open Source software since I've gotten so much out of it.  I
thought GNOME would be a good place to start, though I'm not sure what
part of GNOME to start on.

Read this
http://www106.pair.com/rhp/hacking.html

Yup, Havoc gives some good advice.  Here is some more:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-love/2001-May/msg00105.html

and start on something you like

most projects have plenty of feature requests and bug reports
http://bugzilla.gnome.org
if you ask most developers are generally willing to recommend interesting
tasks suited to your ability and interests, but first you need to pick a
project you like and ask.

that multiterminal has been done
http://multignometerm.sourceforge.net/

Actually, the gnome2 gnome-terminal has this feature too.

Thanks,
James