Re: [gnome-love] I want to help

Giulio Agostini <giulio_agostini yahoo com> writes:

Hello there,

Hi,

I'm not very interested in working on GUIs, I'd rather like to stay on
the back-end. Ideally, I'd like to work on libraries, or on tools/apps
for developers.
Is there a sound editor/HDD recording project around? I mean, apps like
Acid, SoundForge, or CoolEdit?

There are plenty of libraries that need working on.  Additionally, it
sounds like you are interested in audio applications.  You might want to
look at gstreamer, which will be the sound API for the next release of
GNOME. (http://gstreamer.sourceforge.net/)

I'll have a look around, but any suggestion is more than welcome.
Also, can you please tell me where to find some good introductory
tutorials on GNOME/Linux for someone coming from Windows?

Most of our documentation is at developer.gnome.org.

Good Luck,
-Jonathan