Re: request for a feature for panel

> > > Well, one thing you can do currently is drag the menu entry to exactly
> > > where on the panel you want the applet to be.
> >
> > Do you think this is a feature you might be interested in?  Perhaps I can
> > code it.  It doesn't seem overly difficiult feature to put in
> > gnome-core.  It might possibly can be written as an applet "ie
> > applet-attractor" or something.
>
> Foir what it's worth, I've always thought applets should appear where I
> right clicked to open the applet. Perhaps that would be a way to do it.
> (or as close as possable if there's no room, of course)

And that should be the proper behavior.  My problem is when I use
something like the menu panel or even the foot panel and click on an
applet.  It's not particularly anchored to a particular panel.  If do so
on the menu panel then it attempts to put the applet on the menu
panel.  Thats no good because the menu panel is generally smaller than a
regular panel and a non-resizable applet will cause the menu panel to be
larger than it should be.

What it boils down to is to be able to give a user control on where to
direct applets in an obtrusive manner.

If nobody thinks this is useful thats okay with me as well.  I'm willing
to bet though that it is.  We'll see.

	sri