Re: CORBA basics

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10006191335100.23074-100000@ds9.cactus>, ERDI Gergo w
rites:

>Could someone point me to introductory documentation to CORBA itself, and
>making the various parts work with each other?

Although it looks like you've already solved your problem, I would recommend
Teach Yourself CORBA in 14 Days to people interested in getting a good overview
of CORBA.  It might help if you've also programmed in C++ and/or Java (in
addition to C, of course), but it's probably not essential if you're willing to
spend a bit more time studying the example code.

There are a bazillion texts on CORBA at Borders, but this seems to be the only
good introductory text on the subject.

What would really be nice would be a book (or at least a few chapters) on ORBit
and Bonobo, but I'm sure developer.gnome.org has some good information.  One
advantage, I guess, of reading CORBA books not specifically about ORBit would
be that it encourages people to complain about ORBit if/and when compatibility
problems surface.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts@linuxsavvy.com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts