Re: BadMatch when starting Linux Gtk/Gdk applications on IRIX display

Toralf Lund <toralf@kscanners.com> writes:

> When I do a remote login to a RedHat Linux 6.1 host from an 02 running
> IRIX 6.5.6f, then start certain Gtk based applications, I get a
> "BadMatch" error message. The applications include AbiWord, for  which
> the error message is
>
>      Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>        serial 117 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0

I get similar errors with a lot of other apps, like gkrellm, some
windowmaker dockapps.

My remote machine is a SuSE 6.4 with the gtk+ 1.2.7, my machine which is
the display of the remote apps is a SuSE 6.0, gtk+ 1.2.8.

I don`t had this problems some months ago. I don't know if this is a
problem with gtk, glib, the remote machine, network hardware...

By Michael
--
Erste Anlaufstellen für Linux-Infos
de.comp.os.unix.linux.infos