Re: KDE vs. Gnome?

> However, GNOME seems to be developed much faster and is resolving the
> problems very quickly.  GNOME also seems to have more avocation than
> KDE, which leads me to the licensing issues of KDE.

In addition, GTK is becoming more ubiquitous one of the advantages of
being GPL is that the code can morph into whatever space like palmtop
computing.

GNOME and KDE are both excellent desktops.  I've found that if you're a
more technical minded you gravitate towards GNOME. You will find more
research applications in GNOME (ie scientific applications), more project
kind of applications.  You'll find more practical applications in KDE like
klyx, kword etc.

Technologically, GNOME and KDE pretty much offer the same kind of
thing.  Both have glue between applications, integrated web/file
browser.  A suite of applications and tools.  Some things GNOME can do
better other and vice versa.  But on either desktop you have the ability
to run either app so you miss nothing in terms of productivity.  To an
end-user using either desktop it doesn't matter.

	sri