I hate the slogan "computing made easy"

Just wanted to register my reaction to the slogan on the new gnome
homepage.  That slogan, as far as I know, only suits Macintosh, and
maybe not even them.  There is such a long way to go before it is easy,
it is misleading.  If you are to be accurate, you could say "computing
that may someday be easy if somebody else sets up a system for you."

I don't use gnome because its easy. Windows is easier, Mac is easier,
for that matter, KDE is easier.  I use gnome because it is open
source/free and workable.  And most applications I ordinarily use work
well enough with Gnome.  And because I find glib handy for code with
collections and such, and I'm convinced the fundamental gtk+ libraries
are good, so I expect gnome will be good.

If anybody is open to suggestions, a better slogan might be "Gnome: A
consistent, workable, open, and free framework for the GNU/Linux
desktop"
--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu