Wierd bug on startup

Hello!

I have problem with my gnome on startup.

I have heard people on the list have talked about similar
problems.

On my system the gnome freezes about 15 seconds before it
continue to start panel and so on...

gnome is freezing after gnome-wm is executed (using sawfish)

I have tried to monitoring the problem and found that
gnome-name-server is started twice and the first
gnome-name-server is terminated with error
"gnome-name-server already started"

Maybe this is the fault? Why is gnome-name-server started twice?
wish application is starting gnome-name-server (gnome-session???)

I have tried to setup more the one useraccount for testing
but with the same result. Also tried to remove .gnome/.XICE
and so on without succes...

Also the gnome-session will not be saved whhen exiting gnome
but this looks like it has to do with the same problem?

Btw. My system is Linux RedHat
(But all is compiled from tar.gz or cvs)

glibc 2.1.3
gnome-libs 1.0.61 (CVS)
gnome-core 1.0.9 (CVS)
orbit 0.5.1 (CVS)
XFree 4.0 (problem in 3.* also)

Greats

Mikael H.

--

Totally free Linux/Windows applications at:
Hemsida: http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh