Re: make gnome listen on localhost:*

On 12 June, 2000 - John Kennedy sent me these 2.2K bytes:

>   I happened to nmap myself and noticed that GNOME has a huge number
> of open (listening) TCP/IP ports open on my box.  Is there any way to get
> it to connect to localhost only instead of listening to all the ports
> (and my ethernet port in particular)?  Better yet, no TCP/IP at all
> using unix-domain sockets and such?

It's already listening to unix domain sockets.. and btw, the N in GNOME
is Network.. But anyway:
echo 'ORBIIOPIPv4=0' > $prefix/etc/orbitrc
echo 'ORBIIOPIPv6=0' >> $prefix/etc/orbitrc

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå