Re: Themes

Haris Siakalis [ Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:23:35AM +0100 ] :
> Hello,
> i am new to gnome and so i ask stupid questions.
> I went over to www.themes.org to find themes for my helixgnome 1.2
> My question is, which are the gnome themes on that site?
> Is it the ones that say gtk themes?

not only, as you're using helixgnome, you've got sawfish as your
 windowmanager and then you'r fully fully themed GNOME desktop consists
  of a Gtk+ theme & a Sawfish theme.

Most themes are available also as Sawfish and Gtk+ themes,so that you can
 get a common look.

> Also where do I install them?

you can install gtk+ themes with the gnomecc, the control-center.
you've got to go to the Theme Selector page and install it via the
 button and the dialog.