Re: browser

Matthew [ Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 07:51:57PM -0500 ] :

> > I hate netscape...please tell me there is a browser that I can use that
> > is comparable.  I have looked around and can't find anything. What is
> > everyone else using??
>
> Konqueror is pretty good.  Opera is in it's second or third beta.  w3m is the
Hmm, Opera isn't that good ...
Konqueror is for KDE ;)
w3m -- never used
> best of the text-based browsers.  Mozilla's still a little clunky/crashy, and

Mozilla, I'm really heating that beast, compiling it is a periode of meditation
 but not something useful, as the M15 I've got the sourcecode is unbelievely
  slow. Ican't find words for this slowless.

> feels like a 200 lb weight on your desktop.  Eats memory like you wouldn't
> believe.  Mnemonic is looking pretty good.

Sorry, where's this? Never heard.
I'm always using lynx as it's in my eyes a good way to surf the web under every
 OS.
It lynx would support SSL 3 & Javascript I wouldn't even need a graphical
  browser ..