Re: Win32 port

Cory Watson wrote:

> At 01:05 PM 6/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >But why would you want to?
>
> Because regardless of how pretty and advanced GNOME is, Linux is still way
> too difficult, and too 'big' for the average person.  My mom (bless her
> heart) has no use for 70% of the stuff that you and I use daily and take
> for granted in Linux.  They only need the stuff that Windows gives them.
>
> I'd love to see the whole world using GNOME, but until something is done
> with what's _under_ GNOME, I don't think we'll make much progress.  Perhaps
> Miguel has something up his sleeves.

If you are using Gnome exclusively, then you shouldn't have to worry about how
'big' and complex Linux is.  The aim of Gnome is too make an enivornment
incredibly easy for your mom to use, without ever seeing the bigness that is
Linux.

Whats under Gnome currently is an incredibly efficent stable operating
system.  I'd like to see the whole world using this.  Porting Gnome and it's
many applications to windows would be what the windows port of The Gimp is,
slow and unstable.