Win32 port

Just out of curiosity (I'm sure it's been discussed many times before):

In Windows 95/98/NT, it is still possible to replace the Explorer desktop
(even though it's not readily documented by MS).  I wondered how readily
Gnome and Gnome apps could be ported to Windows (for those of us who have
to use & support it for now)?  Gimp currently has a Windows version.

I expect the major issues involve libraries.  How would Unix library
methods differ from Windows' DLLs?  The other issue is probably with how
Win32's handling of GUI events differs from how X handles them.  If you
used a utility like 98Lite to remove all the IE, DirectX, media player,
etc. bloat & hooks, perhaps some kludge could be managed.

James E. LaBarre
(914) 784-5653
tieline-863-5653