Re: GtkMozilla or GtkGecko?

[...]
>Themes really don't matter that much. I'm not a big fan of matching wm
>and toolit themes - it makes it too hard to tell what is window and what
>is decoration. Additionally, if you want a NeXT theme, why don't you just
[...]

Some people care about themes, a lot. And some other just want an integrated
(all works the same, all looks the same) system, a lot too. Some of the most
repeated complains I have from users are things like "Why does this apps
have not the same color than this one?", "Why do I have to configure app1
here and app2 there?" or "I do not care what the fucking toolkit they use, I
want something that does not confuse me! All apps looking and behaving the
same, do you get it?" (yes, users can be really angry sometimes, and they
then go saying that MacOS or Windows is a lot better... if we keep stupid
GUI errors, they have 100% reason).

And from some comments I have read in GUI design sites about new Mozilla
interface: inventing a new GUI just to be different is not good. Yeah, your
demos will look cool, the press will go mad, but the users are the people
that will pass lot of hours suffering your "desires". Of all the GUI that do
not follow an standard, music players are the only acceptable I have found
(IMHO, I dunno what others think, and I guess due they follow a similar GUI
than a walkman or hifi set, but some things are still not intuitive).

GSR