Re: Ok, Where has the speed gone?

Appologies to the GNOME crew.  Looking a little deeper and I note that
my speed problems with GNOME 1.2 are actually spped problems with
Bluefish, a GNOME HTML editor.

When I run othr apps like Abiword the speed is much more useable.  Sure,
it's not great, but thats life with a pixmap theme ;o)

I figgure the speed problem with Bluefish relates to it's insistance on
drawing boxes for all the buttons on it's toolbars when I have asked
GNOME not to.  Most other apps respect the settings and will redraw in
0.5 of a second.

Sorry for whinging...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss