Re: Ok, Where has the speed gone?

If the overall computing experience is slow then you may need to delete
your .gnome directory under
your user name.May not help but i have a Pent.Pro 180 and is pretty zippy
w/ helix -gnome 1.2.
Also maybe your themes need to be reworked in light of the fact that gnome
moved from imlib to gdk-pixbuf.

I'm not an expert. Just giving suggestions.You mileage may vary.Hope this
helps.