Re: GtkMozilla or GtkGecko?

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 11:17:37PM -0500, Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 04:21:09AM +0200,
> Ben Bucksch <mozilla.news@bucksch.org> wrote:
> > As soon as you embed the rendering engine, all widgets it is
> > responsible for are the forms in webpages. The hosting
> > application is responsible for the chrome (bookmarks, status
> > ans location bar etc.) then. Not sure about the scrollbars.
>
> This sounds as bad as i thought. I'm going to have to download or
> make a NeXT theme for Mozilla to get proper scrollbars, and i
> will have to change or make a mozilla theme everytime i change my
> Gnome theme. <sigh>

Sadly you will also have to restrict yourself to only visiting web sites
whose design matches your GTK theme. This isn't as hard as it sounds.
Many site to not use background images or colours, so if you set your
GTK theme to being a simple `netscape grey' background and button text to
blue you might approach the level of consistency you require. Be sure you
don't visit any big name .com sites or the terrible mismatch of colours
between your window decorations and the text and images on the site could
cause you serious damage.

Or, in other words:
GET A GRIP.

Themes really don't matter that much. I'm not a big fan of matching wm
and toolit themes - it makes it too hard to tell what is window and what
is decoration. Additionally, if you want a NeXT theme, why don't you just
get a bloody NeXT - they're really nice machines and there is a hell of
a lot more to the OS than the skin they use.

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar |    Email: yakk(a)yakk.net |    Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Area: +61 (8) | Home: 9389 9152 | Fax/Voice: 9260 2903 | Work: 9384 4700