Re: Binaries from GNOME project

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 04:09:22AM +0200, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> *Please*
> - either remove all mentions of Helixcode from the GNOME website or
> mention it along with other distributors

And the other distributions with GNOME 1.2 packages are? Other distributors
were mentioned in the old web site, and I'm sure they will be on the new
web site as soon as there are alternative ways to get GNOME 1.2 binaries.

> - provide stable binaries again

GNOME never provided binaries. Binaries were either contributed by
distributions such as RH or Debian, or were supplied by individual hackers
(many of whom happen to now work for Helix).

I can understand that you don't want to run binaries compiled by someone
else. Thats why you can get the tarballs. I don't really see your problem.

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar |    Email: yakk(a)yakk.net |    Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Area: +61 (8) | Home: 9389 9152 | Fax/Voice: 9260 2903 | Work: 9384 4700