Re: Panel sliding: Old slide algorithm back please?

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, David Wollmann wrote:

> I've looked through the help files and didn't see anything on tuning
> gnome, per se. This might be nice for those of us who are running slower
> hardware. I'd

Your hardware is far from slow. I have a much less powerful gfx card (S3
virge) but I get smooth motion.

I suspect (as you guessed) its an issue with XFree and your card.

An alternative is that one of the GNOME processes has gone nuts and is
trying to consume 100% CPU. This would definitely have symptoms of jerky
panel motion.

Cheers
Chris