Dirty Compile <of esound> (solved)

Ric' dude had the answer

<< Concerning the non-linking of esound >>>

> Then finally fails in the libttool link phase with with libesd.so
> Undefined call to afgetSampleFormat. -- and about 10 others.
>
> I've scanned my system for old libraries and found none.

Looks like esd isn't finding the audiofile library at link time.
Try adding "-laudiofile" to the Makefile, and see if that fixes it.

Darn Right!

there is an AUDIOFILE_LIBS variable in the Makefile which is null

Clearly the configure phase is busted. It recognises the existance of
audiofile-config, but then does not use it to fill in that variable.

Thanks, Dude.