@SHELL@ == ?

I'm seeing the above noted expression popping up in Makefiles where I'm used
to seeing '/bin/sh'.  When 'make' is run, it generates an error 'command not
found.'

This seems to have started immediately after I succumbed to my curiosity
regarding building gnome from the cvs tree.

Without wishing to apologize overmuch for not knowing what I'm doing (really),
may I ask what this would be a symptom of? I've poked around the list archives
and dejanews to no avail...

TIA for any light flashed this way.

--
Bob Bernstein at Esmond, Rhode Island, USA