Re: Yet another newbie

Spec files shouldn't be on the developers minds. It should be on the
tarballests minds. I dont mind compiling it myself. The thing is, I have
more  then one computer that has gnome on it. Rather then spending alot
more time compiling it on each computer, I generate the rpms on 1 computer
and install it on all of them. This saves me alot of time that I can use
elsewhere.

RPMS help new users get gnome up and running.
It is a shame to see all the hard work that has gone into gnome not  be
used because people cant get it working.

The more people that have gnome running at this point the better. The
biggest open source benifit is being ignored. The more eyes the more bugs
that can be fixed. It is my understanding that gnome was frozen so that
gnome 1.0 could be relieced bug free. The more eyes, the quicker the bugs
get squashed.

The rpm problem should not wait until gnome 1.0
The existance of rpms should speed up, and make shure a great reliese
of gnome 1.0