Re: gtkstep info

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Scott Gifford wrote:

> On 18 Sep, Todd Graham Lewis shouted:
> ->  Not sure if anyone had seen this; I did not recall any mention of it on
> ->  the list:
> ->
> ->  http://windowmaker.mezaway.org/toolkits/gtkstep.html
> ->
> ->  It's a nextstep theme for gtk, or so says the web page.  FYI.
>
> > it is not a theme  - it is a hacked gtk. not "the right way" (tm).
>

>   Out of curiosity, will gtk+ themes allow a setup like this?  Like moving
> around where the arrows are on the scrollbars to NeXT-style, and making
> other interface changes more extreme than changing colors and patterns?

I wonder why GTK+ doesn't just use double scroll arrows by default. I
don't know why anyone would ever want to *not* have them!

BTW: The best implementation of scrollbars I've seen so far is on BeOS.
Unless you turn them off, both ends of the scrollbar have double arrows.
If the scrollbars get too small to fit all of this (e.g., if you shrink
the window), the extra arrows go away!

Tim