Re: gnome-keyring PKCS#11 config file /etc/xdg/pkcs11.conf[.defaults]

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Stef Walter <stefw collabora co uk> wrote:

>> Something like that is an overkill in embedded systems, as it would
>> require a special library to handle all this configuration. I think that
>> a configuration like that should be simple.
>
> Yes, but an embbeded system could easily just use one configuration file
> even though multiple are supported.

Then what about a configuration that has each library on its own file.
For example

/etc/pkcs11/libs/myotherlib
contains:

library=/usr/lib/pkcs11/lib.so
enabled=true

and other files defining other libraries such...
/etc/pkcs11/libs/mylib

~/.pkcs11.conf if exists will overwrite all of the above
configurations (Not update, since if it only updates
the default configuration, there is no way for a user
to force a specific configuration that will not change
if a system upgrades and new pkcs11 libraries are
installed).

regards,
Nikos