Re: gnome-keyring Turning off the SSH agent

On 2010-11-08 04:29, Ron Yorston wrote:
> I've just installed Fedora 14 which comes with gnome-keyring 2.32.1.
> In previous releases I was able to turn off the SSH agent in gnome-
> keyring with the gconf setting:
>
>    /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh
>
> This is no longer available in 2.32.1.

Yes, sorry that it's no longer available. This key was being used by
gnome-session to control whether to start the SSH agent or not. It turns
out that gnome-session (at some point) no longer supported specifying
custom gconf keys, and this broke.

> How can I turn off the SSH agent?

The proper way to disable it is using 'Startup Applications' capplet
(ie: gnome-session-properties) and uncheck the 'SSH Key Agent' component.

More details here: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Ssh