Infrastructure | Verify gnome.org with Google Search Console (#80)

Title: GitLab

Philip Withnall created an issue:

As per

This needs to be done by February 14th 2019.

Part of that involves verifying that the domain we claim to use (gnome.org) is actually owned by us. That means we need to verify it using Google Search Console.

If we add the following verification code as a TXT record on gnome.org, it’ll verify my Google account (philip.withnall@gmail) as an owner of the domain — that will fix the immediate verification problem, but is not sustainable in the long term from a sysadmin point of view (I’m not a sysadmin and I might disappear under a bus):

google-site-verification=b45Lz_KxE23bR2pm_vgaNWiueluIJ3RuqhtDW168Vh8

So we might want to add multiple accounts, or have a special shared Google account for GNOME sysadmins which is used for this kind of verification and linking.