Re: a GNOME-hosted build slave?

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Frederic Peters wrote:

> Hello sysadmins!

Hi,

> For a long time we had several build slaves, I managed one on my local
> LUG server (but it's been decommissioned), API and I handled one on
> fixed.gnome.org (but it became a pain to handle RHEL5 (for example it
> has Python 2.4)), then Matthias and Cosimo have their own (but they're
> currently off).
>
> Would it be possible to have a GNOME-hosted server (I guess a VM would
> be easiest) to be used as build slave? It would just need to have ssh
> access open for a few trusted persons and the ability to connect to
> port 9070 of fixed.gnome.org (the build master) so I hope it won't be
> too much work to handle.

Which requirements? At this moment of time we don't have a lot of
available resources but I'll definitely take some time in the near
future to check each machine and set up a plan to clean up useless
or unused services.

If the requirements won't be that high (i.e <= 2048MB RAM) we can
try and find a new home for a GNOME-hosted build-slave.

--

Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,