Re: your irc.gnome.org issues.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Andreas Henriksson <andreas fatal se> wrote:
> I read your mail to gnome-infrastructure about irc.gnome.org connection issues.
> I would suggest trying to telnet to the server to see exactly which messages it sends to you... Here's a guide: http://oreilly.com/pub/h/1963
>
> HTH. HAND.

Thanks.  I was able to connect today from another network and the
people in #opers were able to help me diagnose the problem.  Turns out
that my university's firewall is now blocking IRC connections -- but
only new ones, not e.g. the one I've had with Freenode for a few weeks
now.

Using alternate ports to connect is an acceptable workaround, and the
nice people in #opers were kind enough to give me the required info to
accomplish this.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com