Re: Don't add ChangeLog entries to ChangeLog-less modules

Hi;

Le Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:44:50 +0100,
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com> a écrit :
> El dom, 15-03-2009 a las 14:30 +0100, Christian Persch escribió:
> > Absence of ChangeLog, po/ChangeLog and help/ChangeLog etc. means
> > that the module in question does not use changelogs. (For example,
> > this is the case for epiphany, epiphany-extensions, gucharmap,
> > gnome-terminal, gnome-games.) However, some translators still add
> > changelog entries to modules that do not have ChangeLog files,
> > adding them to po/ChangeLog.pre-X-Y or ChangeLog.old etc. These
> > files are, as their name already indicates, not to be modified
> > further. Please stop doing this.
> didn't we agree that the standard was to have them?

No. Most modules still have them; some modules don't anymore.

Translators can reliably detect this situation by the existence or
non-existence of po/ChangeLog, help/ChangeLog etc.; if they don't exist,
don't add a changelog entry. Modifying _other_ files like
ChangeLog.pre-X-Y and ChangeLog.old is a bug in all cases.