Re: How to translate with msgctxt ?

Yannig MARCHEGAY <yannig marchegay org>, Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:13:27 +0100:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Gtranslator does not (yet) let us translate files with msgctxt texts.

I believe that the recent development (SVN) version of gtranslator fully
support msgctxt. The problem is, however, that, as far as I know, there
isn't available any beta or stable release of new Gtranslator.

> When I want to do so, I have to do it with gedit (or lokalize). Is there
> another way to do?

Personally, I consider old gtranslator to be practically unusable, or, in
other words, too buggy, so you should really try to use e.g. kbabel,
lokalize or virtaal. Or CAT web tools could be another way to go,
particularly if you work in a team.

Have a look at the Tools
section on <http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/start>.

Cheers,