Re: Licenses of .po files, and translations

Axel Hecht skrev:
> FWIW, in the Mozilla project, we consider translations to be derivative work.
>
> Which is what we consider, I wouldn't know that any lawyer looked at it for us.

It is/may be derivative work, but the copyright to a translation belongs
 to the translator by default.

Since it is or may be derivative, the translator mostly can't do
whatever she likes with the translation, but nobody else can do anything
with the translation unless the translator says so.

BR,
Gudmund