Re: New team for [Persian] ([fa]

2008/7/7 mo mo <momo pars gmail com>:
> Hi
>
> Please read the whole message.
>
> My name is: Mohammad Moulai
>
> My Bugzilla account is: momo pars gmail com
>
> My language is: Persian ( پارسی ).  The ISO 639 code of Persian language is:
> fa
>
> I wanna start a new team to translate gnome in persian
>
> I have send this message before and I got this:
>

> Please read the history of this mailing list.
>
> It is very difficult to replace translation coordinator, if you don't have
> history of translation work. Call it bad karma or lack of reputation.
>
> If you want to improve Persian translations, start translating things and
> file bug reports with your translations or send translation to translation
> coordinator. You might not like current coordinator, but by attacking him
> you won't reach your goals.
>
> Translate things, build up reputation. Complain if you have something
> translated and it is not added to Gnome software repository in reasonable
> time frame.
>

> If we create a petition on http://www.petitiononline.com would that be
> helpful? To show every one that we are not joking.
> We are not looking for reputation.
> We just want to improve translations of our language ( Persian ) in next
> Gnome releases.

And noone denies you to do it. You just don't want to work with the
current coordinator. So -- who cares? If you want to improve GNOME
then just translate it silently and post your files to Bugzilla so
that coordinator can review it and commit your work into SVN (of
course in case your work is consistent with existing translations and
doesn't break the completeness of previous translations). If he won't
do his work with no reasons specified then complain on it (not the
person). If you can't show us that the current coordinator doesn't do
his homework then he works good. If you can then we will try to
resolve the problem by pressing on the coordinator or by replacing him
with another translator who wants to coordinate the project and who
have enough knowledge for it and respect in the community (hint: I
think you don't have the last 2 positions). If you just can't live
with people then just step away from the community. Roger that?