Re: Slowness in farsi translation

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Tomas Kuliavas
<tokul users sourceforge net> wrote:
> Gnome 2.14 - 74%
> [...]
>
> Sarif Linux is some customized redhat/fedora based distribution. It uses
> Gnome 2.10. I don't have information about standard Gnome 2.10 UI Farsi
> translation stats. Screenshots look fully translated.

Sharif Linux fully translated does not translate to GNOME fully
translated. I don't have a list of Sharif Linux packages at hand, but
some parts of GNOME was not included in Sharif Linux, and some parts
of Sharif Linux was not translated to Persian. I guess the actual
number for GNOME 2.12 was a tiny bit above 80%. I also think GNOME
2.14 had a few new applications added. So the change is understandable
for a team suddenly losing lots of its contributors.

Roozbeh