Re: obsolete translations in gnome-settings-daemon, libgweather

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 23:46 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Both gnome-settings-daemon and libgweather were enormously blown up
> recently by the addition
> of lots of control-center translations that don't apply there.
> Cleaning this up shrinks the Fedora
> gnome-settings-daemon rpm from 2M to 380k, which is a pretty welcome
> size reduction when
> doing cd-size images.
>
> Unless the you tell me of a better way to do this, I'm going to run
>
> for p in *.po; do
>   msgmerge -u $p $GETTEXT_PACKAGE.pot
> done
>
> over the affected .po files and commit the result in the next few days.
>
> Does this sound like a good plan ?

Very good. The files were copied as they were to avoid translators
having to retranslate the files. Those should really have been cleaned
by the translators or the maintainers before release. gnome-applets can
probably do with the same treatment (where the locations.xml file was
removed).

Cheers