Re: Can we add avahi to d-l?

Le samedi 30 août 2008 à 09:55 +0200, Claude Paroz a écrit :
> Le samedi 30 août 2008 à 04:05 +0200, Petr Kovar a écrit :
> > Gabor Kelemen <kelemeng gnome hu>, Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:11:18 +0200:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > According to this blog entry, avahi can be translated via Transifex:
> > >
> > > http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/pa-on-tx.html
> >
> > A minor remark on Transifex follows, please ignore if you wish...
> >
> > So to submit new translations for avahi, pulseaudio and other upstream
> > projects, one has to go downstream, join the Fedora Project community, i.e.
> > apply for an account, sign the Contributors License Agreement, even supply
> > one's postal address and telephone number. [1] Hmm, seems like a victory...
> > for Red Hat, indeed. ;-)
>
> +1
>
> There is a sort of implicit convention among translation projects that
> upstream translations for common software is not hosted in downstream
> tools.
> Transifex is a really good project and I hope we'll soon be able to take
> advantage of it for GNOME and other upstream projects, but I'm clearly
> against dispersing upstream translations among various downstream
> projects.
> I suggest using the Translation Project until there is a common
> agreement about a shared/upstream validated Transifex instance.
>
> Or maybe we should move GNOME translations to Launchpad ;-)
>
> Claude

Hi,

If Transifex is such a good tool (it is thanks to Dimitri Glezos) that
it could attract well-known developer like Lennart, maybe we sould
suggest TP to set up an instance on their website.
Or GNOME could do it. Actually we could only translate applications
which are hosted on the GNOME svn. What about other GTK apps ou GNOME
dependencies which are hosted elsewhere? It would be nice if we could
attract developers like Fedora does.
Yes, I know we already have a lot of work to do, but it would bring
homogeneous translations to the GTK software family. We already let nice
programs to be translated on Launchpad (with many drawbacks), see Og
Maciel's BillReminder, do we want to see other GNOME-related apps to be
translated in yet another website?

Regards,

Bob.

N.B. Note that I don't want to suggest that fedora translation teams are
making poor translations. From what I know from my language team, they
are nicely organized.

N.B.