preparing the GIMP 2.4 release

Moin,

we are preparing the release of version 2.4 of the GNU Image
Manipulation Program. The plan is to get a release candidate out in a
week or two. This release will be done from the code that is now in
trunk. So please update your translations in gimp/trunk.

Strings are tentatively frozen for quite a while already and we will try
to avoid any further string changes. I can't guarantee that we won't
have to add a string or two while fixing the remaining issues but we
will be very careful as not to change strings at this point.

If you still find typos or otherwise problematic strings, please tell us
about them as soon as possible. Preferably through bugzilla.

Please help us to deliver a good user experience with GIMP 2.4.  Good
and complete translations are important for that.  Thanks a lot for your
hard work. The GIMP developers and users appreciate it very much.

Sven