Guides, wiki and developer.gnome.org [was: Re: Furlan translation team]

hi friedel,

Am Dienstag, den 11.12.2007, 16:19 +0200 schrieb F Wolff:
> > For starting, it might be worth reading this:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/l10n-guide/
> >
> Is that definitely the best resource we have at the moment? I wrote to
> the list a while ago about outdated documentation, but I don't know what
> is definitely the best. The link you give was last updated in 2004, it
> seems.
>
> This seems to be the page with more up to date links:
> http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject
> (the link you gave seems to be on there as well, but at least here it
> mentions svn, for example)

we have the wiki page, and we still have a lot of stuff at
developer.gnome.org that has not yet been moved to the wiki.
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/web-devel-2/trunk/content/htaccess?revision=4603&view=markup lists the current redirects.
the problem also seems to be that no-one knows how many guides are
around and where. after a quick search, there are
- some for developers:
	http://developer.gnome.org/arch/i18n/
	http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/i18n/
- some for translators:
	http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/translate-gnome/index.html
	http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/l10n-guide/
	http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/SvnHowTo

so if someone wants to either merge/update some stuff, or want to set up
a Google HOP task for it and mentor a student doing this, please raise
your voice.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed