Re: gnome-applets locations translation

Scríobh Telsa Gwynne:
> I'm a bit out of the loop here -- I never did figure out subversion
> or whatever it is it all moved to -- but is this the great huge list
> of thousands and thousands of "locations" (generally airports and
> weather stations)?

Yep.
> What is involved in providing more context? Is it something that
> can be split up between different people?
    It could be, probably. What would have to happen is something like
"US-Virginia|" would have to be added to all strings indicating where
they were so that there were no duplicates. That context would then have
to be stripped before display in English (and not translated). It'd be a
pretty daunting task and I'm not entirely certain how hard it would be
to get gnome-applets to strip out the context. Anyhow, the end result is
that some poor sap(s) is/are going to have to go through 4355 strings
and mark them with their location in the world. In the end, the XML file
seems like a very poor idea and I think it would be ideal if we could
find a way to replace it with a better solution. Unfortunately, I don't
know what that might be. Ideas?

Seán de Búrca