Re: About Urdu translation of Gnome

On 8:42:50 pm 06/04/06 Muhammad Waqas Alam <mwalam_uk yahoo co uk> wrote:
> Hello
>   We want to translate Gnome 2.16 into URDU language. We are full
> team and want to translate it. But there is a problem. A guy whose name
> is Shahzad Chohan become the co-ordinator of Urdu team. I send him
> emails but he is not replying. we are ready to translate. Please help
> us in it and change the co-ordination person. I am team leader of this
> project. Please change the co-ordinator from Shazad Chohan to Muhammad
> Waqas Alam. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks

As you must have noted, Simos is taking steps to contact the current
coordinator for the Urdu GNOME translation. We have also been trying
to put together a group for Urdu translation of Free/Open source
software. One approach that we had thought of was using a Hindi/Urdu
transliteration scheme that would allow us to use the large body of
existing Hindi translations as a starting point. We have a working
transliterator, though some ambiguities need to be sorted out. Of
course, there are major issues with such transliterations, and someone
will still need to read and correct the Urdu output, but we feel that
it might be a useful starting point. Please get in touch with me by
private email should you wish to take this forward.

Regards,
Gora