Re: Translation status pages

Hi Ross,

Today at 9:58, Ross Golder wrote:

> So, in the meantime, would it be possible for you to post the scripts
> you use for the translation status pages somewhere, and perhaps write up
> some brief notes/HOWTO (e.g. a l.g.o. wiki page) to help anyone (i.e.
> me) get things set up on a given box. In the meantime, I'll get the
> script(s) checked into a CVS module somewhere, start some
> sysadmin-oriented maintenance notes on the wiki and install and test it
> all on the Intel server as soon as it hits the rack, and we can take it
> from there (e.g. DNS updates etc).

The code is what Carlos wrote, but I also have access to it, and I
maintain the installation of i18n-status.gnome.org (back-up for
l10n-status).

The basic steps are:

  - get latest GNU gettext and intltool on the system
    (on i18n-status I have GNU gettext 0.14.5 and intltool-0.34.2
    in my $HOME, since I am not admin and we need to update them when
    we get new releases)
  - get and install Carlos' scripts (they are in C) â if Carlos
    doesn't want to publish them, we can send them to you personally,
    putting it in $HOME/src
  - on i18n this is the script I call from crontab:

#!/bin/sh
unset LC_ALL
unset LANG
unset LANGUAGE
export LC_ALL=C
# I've compiled and installed gettext and intltool with --prefix=$HOME/intltool
export PATH=$HOME/intltool/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/intltool/lib
CVSDIR=/home/ftp/cvs
cd $HOME
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co -d gnome-i18n gnome-i18n/status/data/ignored-lang-list
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co -d gnome-i18n gnome-i18n/status/data/translation-status.xml && src/estado --install-dir=$HOME/public_html --cvs-dir=$CVSDIR --modules-file=$HOME/gnome-i18n/translation-status.xml

I've documented it on
  http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/SettingUpStatusPages
as well, but there is still no source code which makes the gist of it :)

I'll later document what we need for documentation status pages as
shown on http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/ (latest xml2po, meaning
Python+libxml2 as well), but the code for that is in Gnome CVS:

  http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-i18n/status/doc-l10n-status/

I also want to unify both of these!

Cheers,
Danilo