Re: Geeze Lovers

For those who are about to visit Wikipedia to search on Ge'ez.

Ge'ez is a language as well as a writing script.
Ge'ez as a language is currently used in liturgy only. Ge'ez as a script
is used for Amharic (~27m people) and the Ge'ez language.

Ge'ez language: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ge%27ez_language
Ge'ez script  : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ge%27ez_alphabet
Amharic language: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amharic_language

If there are tasks you would like to work on about L10n, you can
1. Make sure that common Linux distributions have at least one font that
supports Ge'ez.
2. There is writing support currently in GNOME for the Ge'ez script. It
does not appear to be used extensively (??) or there are no simple
guides for it. You can write some.
3. Translating to Amharic appears to be a bigger priority.

Simos