Re: Translating panel clock format

Per http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=140891&msg=47
it mentions that the glibc locale policy is that am_pm information will
be blank if the country does not official support AM/PM to signify the
time.

This leads to problems of programs allowing to show the time in a
12-hour format while nothing shows whether it's AM or PM.

Personally, I would feel that the glibc locales should always have the
localised am_pm information and let the end-user choose. However, per
Libc policy, you would simply remove the option for 12-hour/24-hour time
and simply check if "am_pm" is empty or not.

Simos