Re: String freeze break in gnome-terminal

fre 2004-08-27 klockan 13.27 skrev Danilo Šegan:
> > and also added two more encodings:
> > "TSCII" for Tamil (--> a new translatable string "Tamil")
> > and "ISIRI-3342" for Farsi (--> a new translatable string "Farsi")
>
> Which consitutes a string-freeze break.
>
> 2004-08-26  Pablo Saratxaga  <pablo mandrakesoft com>
>
>         * src/encoding.*: fixed georgian encoding; added Tamil and Farsi ones
>
> Wasn't there a procedure with string freeze breaks?
> If there was, we don't want to get to lax about it IMHO.

Yes, thanks for noticing this Danilo. I'm having trouble noticing string
freeze breakages this time around, since the Swedish translations aren't
anywhere near completeness at the moment. I need all help I can get in
detecting added/changed messages in the desktop and developer-libs
sections (I would hope teams with complete translations like en_CA, gu,
pl, and pa could help with this).

Pablo, can you please explain why those two new messages
1) couldn't have been added before the string freeze, and
2) why they can't wait until later?

Otherwise, I would like to ask you to revert those string additions, and
put the patch for those in a bug report on bugzilla.gnome.org so that
they can be done later.